About the recipe
I love baking, but it can be SO MESSY! What if I told you the only dishes you’ll need to clean to get these party mix cookies are a bowl and a spoon? – & that’s if you don’t end up licking everything off!! No appliances needed! These cookies are not pretending to be something they’re not. There’s no hidden “healthy” ingredients in there. Just pure deliciousness: chocolate chunks, pecans, coconut and pretzels.Jump to Recipe
I used a mix of oat flour and all-purpose flour in these cookies. Oat flour allows to add some fibre to this recipe, without giving it the taste of whole wheat flour.
The only thing that takes time with these cookies is the time you need to refrigerate the dough. Don’t skip this step!! Letting the dough rest in the fridge allows the flour to fully hydrate.
What does that mean? The flour soaks up all the wet ingredients, gluten molecules from the flour breaks down into sugars and it makes for a more flavourful and caramelized dough. It also solidifies the cookies, making it spread out less. In those 30 minutes, you can line your cookie sheet, pre-heat your oven, clean up the little mess you made.
The longer you wait, the more decadent the cookie. You can even save some cookie dough balls in the freezer and pop them in the oven for a quick dessert!
Also, as usual, I used a cookie scoop to make all my cookies even. It helps so much when it comes to baking. Find the ones I recommend in my Favourites page.Jump to Recipe
What I love the most is that you can make them your own. My party mix included dark chocolate chunks, pretzels, pecans and coconut. But you could easily change it up to whatever you have on hand: peanuts, popcorn, chips, white chocolate chips, dried fruit, m&m’s, marshmallows – name it!
Party mix cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pretzels roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- flaky salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Set aside until it reaches room temperature.
- Add sugars to butter. Mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Stir until silky.
- Add flours, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate, pecans, pretzels and coconut.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for at least 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Scoop cookies. Sprinkle flaky salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.