About the recipe
On week days, I like to use shortcuts. This ramen noodle bowl is a must in my household as it only uses one pot and can be ready in less than 30 minutes, including cutting the vegetables! It’s also very inexpensive to make, ideal for students or anyone on a budget!Jump to Recipe
Believe it or not, bur ramen quickly became a staple in my pantry. The point is to load them with quality protein and tons of vegetables! I also used one of the packets to season the chicken.
You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots and cabbage.
As for protein, I used chicken thighs. They are not as lean as chicken breasts, but they are more flavourful and cost less.
This ramen noodle bowl recipe is done in one pot, which makes it even easier for weeknight meals.
Here’s how to make them:
- Sauté onions.
- Add the chicken to cook.
- Add vegetables, from the hardest to the softest, to keep them crispy, then add the sauce.
- Push the veggies and chicken to the side, and add your ramen noodles and water.
- Garnish with cabbage, green onions and sesame seeds.
This one-pot ramen noodle is very versatile. Here are some changes you can make:
- Change the protein. Chicken, beef, shrimp, any of these would be delicious.
- Make it vegan by using tofu or edamame.
- Make it gluten-free by using rice noodles instead of ramen noodles.
- Switch up the vegetables. Use frozen vegetables, or whatever veggies you have on hand.
One pot ramen noodle bowl
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
- Sriracha sauce to taste
For the chicken
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken thighs cut into strips
- ½ pack ramen seasoning
For the noodle bowl
- 1 medium onion cut into strips
- 1 medium carrot sliced diagonally
- 1 small bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup cabbage sliced
- ¼ cup green onion sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the sesame and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, season the chicken strips with half of a seasoning packet from the ramen noodles and black pepper, to taste.
- In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Add onions to the pan and cook while stirring, until translucent.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook with the onions, stirring occasionally.
- Add your vegetables, from the crispest to the softest (carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms). Stir for 1 to 2 mins between each of them.
- Add the sauce and coat the vegetables and the chicken evenly. Let the sauce thicken and bubble, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Push the vegetables and the chicken aside on the edges, making a well in the middle of the skillet. Deposit the two packs of ramen noodles. Add 1 cup of boiling water on top and cover with a lid for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip the ramen noodles and cover with a lid for another minute.
- Mix the noodles with the vegetables and the chicken using tongs.
- Remove from the heat, add the cabbage and stir to incorporate well.
- Serve topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.